22.9.07

Golfing in Glasgow



My brother, his wife, and their cute little girl (my niece!) are here in Glasgow visiting us! We are having a blast together. The Mills cousins are playing nicely, the women folk are doing women folk things, and my bro and I went golfing. This was one of the things on his top ten list. The list goes like this:

• Meet my nephew for the first time!
• Watch my daughter play with my nephew!
• Hug and kiss my beautiful sister in law
• Hang out with and be there for my brother
• See all the amazing things involving Jason and Megan's ministry & life
• Visit Scotland with my wife
• See a castle
• Taste a bit of whiskey
• Play golf in Scotland
• Not turn my phone on for more then a week!

Well, we did a good job with most of the list, but playing a round of golf was not going to be easy. First we are hurting on transport and funds, so the course is going to have to be close and cheep. Next we don't have any clubs, and the cheep courses don't hire out clubs. Finally, this is Scotland and finding a day to golf that is not raining is a miracle.

Well, God provided a wonderful day with sun and blue sky, google maps provided a close course that was just the right price, and two amazing friends provided us with the use of their clubs. (Thanks Tim and Andy!)

It was a great day of golf, I haven't played in well over a year and Aaron plays all the time, and at the end of the day I was only one stoke behind him. A great feat! Another first is that I took home the same ball I started out with. (I lose at least 2 golf balls every time I play)

Well, next up lawn bowling!
It is so fun having family

1 people have something to say:

At 5:20 pm, Blogger Megan said...

That DOES sound like fun. = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home